MOTHER’S DAY GIVEAWAY
We’re giving away gifts for mom x3!
Follow @ShopPaseoNuevo on Instagram and tag your favorite mama (fur babies count too!) on photo above.
Three winners randomly selected Friday, May 12.
Each Gift Giveaway Includes:
- Handbag with USB charging cables (iOS and android capable)
- Waterflower-Raspberry-Pear scented candle
- Mother’s Day Book
- Friendship Necklaces
- Francesca’s Cologne To-Go Stick
- Mother’s Day Card
- Gift Bag
MOTHER’S DAY GIFT GUIDE
We are one week from Mother’s Day! For most of us, this means crunch time gift shopping at Paseo Nuevo as we try to decide the best way to spoil the best person in the world.
They say home is where the heart is, and for many, that means home is wherever mom is. Memories of waking up to the smell of bacon and coffee; Chaotic mornings of the whole family rushing around the house and out the door; Mom spending weekends in the garden or returning from a sunrise run with the pups; Inspirational moments of mom managing the whole house and somehow managing to take on her own creative projects too. We cherish these wonderful moments and are so grateful for all the compassionate, powerful, incredible women in our lives.
This Mother’s Day, we want to gift all your amazing mamas with the home oasis they so deserve. Which room is an oasis for your mom? Which space is her place to relax, laugh, or feed her passion. Is it nestled on the couch with hot tea and a new book? Is she happiest mixing up a bowl of homemade dessert, or are the outdoors her breath of fresh air? Every mother has an oasis and it’s our job to help make it amazing.
Quick View Gift Guide – Find your list fast!
1 – Out in the Garden
2 – The Nook
3 – Office Boss
4 – Queen of the Kitchen
5 – At-Home Spa
6 – Family Room
7 – Home Gym
8 – Dream Closet
Check out our Mother’s Day Gift Guide for finding the perfect Mother’s Day gift from Paseo Nuevo – just in time!
1 – Garden Guru Gifts
Right now, roses are in full bloom and the birds are waking up more talkative than ever. For the mom who spends Saturday mornings in the garden, soaking in the sunshine alongside fresh blooms, we have a few gift ideas.
- PATIO DECOR – Elevate her outdoor oasis with fun outdoor candles and throws from Nordstrom. Did you know you can order online and pick-up in-store! Don’t stress about delivery cost and arrival times, details here.
- OVERSIZED BEACH TOWELS are the versatile fix for lounging on the shore, in the neighborhood park, or right in your backyard. Buy a few for a supersized picnic station! Find them at Francesca’s and Cotton On.
- GRILL GOODS – Summer smells like smoke off the grill. Whatever you have cooking, fresh bell peppers or pre-game brats, grab this grill gear to kickstart the outdoor cooking. We love Cathy’s Concepts Grillmaster BBQ Multi-Tool for an all-in-one grill upgrade from Nordstrom!
- SUMMER SHOES – We have a few summer shoe favorites that were made for being kicked off into fresh cut grass or half-buried in cool evening sand. Shop shoes at Clarks.
2 – The Nook
If your house doesn’t have a nook, Mother’s Day is the time to create one. Every mama needs a space to decompress, read a novel or the news, and just enjoy moments of cozy quietude. Create a space that’s stocked with fluffy blankets, warm slippers, a spot for a morning cup of coffee, and, of course, room for the cat.
- MUGS – The cutest coffee mugs for every mood at Francesca’s.
- TEA – Start the ritual of relaxation with tea time: The team at Teavana will help with the selection!
- COFFEE – Mornings are instantly made better when the coffee smells this good – grab a freshly ground bag from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
- JOURNAL – This journal was made for mom – buy it at Francesca’s on State Street.
- THROWS – The fluffiest blankets are now at American Eagle (and probably something for you too while you’re at, no shame there).
- SLIPPERS – With slippers as cozy as the ones at The Walking Company, mom might spend the whole weekend in relaxation mode – and that means your Mother’s Day gift was a success.
- MACARONS – Sweeten her space with macarons!
3 – Office Boss
For the lady getting it done, stock her office oasis with brilliant business essentials. Business doesn’t mean boring! We have a long list of stylish desk accessories, fresh notebooks, and top-notch tech that are sure to make her job easier. Whether she’s running her own company, committing to creativity, or ensuring the family finances run smoothly, here’s a few desk gifts mom will love.
- NOTEBOOKS – How neat are these notebooks? Find one at Papyrus.
- TUMBLERS – For a mama on the go, grab a tumbler from Teavana.
- DESK DETAILS – We’re obsessorizing over Francesca’s desk additions – get inspired!
- WORK WEAR – Even a home office has a get-it-done dress code. Check out the work-ready collections at Express.
- GIFT CARD – Always on the go? Grab a gift card at 805 Boba for coffee, lattes, smoothies, and protein shakes!
4 – Queen of the Kitchen
If the words “tomorrow’s bake sale” only struck the joy of a challenge into the heart of your mother, this section is for you. Home is where mom is and when mom is pulling dinner out of the oven, home is exactly where we want to be! For the kitchen that has everything, there’s always new recipes. And for the avid at-home chef, new cooking gear always makes the cooking more fun. Click below for a few kitchen gifts:
- BAR CART – Could the kitchen use a bar cart? Start building one at Brookstone and accessorize it at Francesca’s (aka. cat shaped bottle openers).
- WINE OPENER – How cool is this wine bottle opener?
- KITCHEN FINDS – All the kitchen gadgets currently at Brookstone are the best things since sliced bread – inspiration found here.
- FOOD – Looking for culinary inspiration? Get a taste of the new appetizer menu at Eureka! Did someone say cheese balls?
5 – The Spa Oasis
The classic oasis. Turn the bathroom into a true at-home spa – mom deserves it! This Mother’s Day, gifts of candles, soaps, oils, and the fluffiest towels are exactly what mom needs to unwind and give herself time to think about how amazing she is. Everyone has their favorites, but if you’re not sure, go for scents of lavender, chamomile, sandalwood, or vanilla to promote relaxation.
- BATH BOMBS – If you’re going the spa route, no gift will be complete without a couple bath bombs. Just one will bubble into colorful tub of suds! The best of bath bombs are at LUSH of course – they’re even Mother’s Day themed, check it out!
- CANDLES – There’s just something about candles that says “Ahhh” – find a huge selection at Bath & Body Works and a locally sourced soy selection at Evangelina Boutique.
- GIFT WITH A CAUSE – L’Occitane sources their shea butter in way that socially empowers the women who farm for them. And LUSH is always working towards tons of amazing causes!
- NECK MASSAGER – A daily massage for the rest of her life? If your siblings are competing for the best gift, you just won. Neck massagers galore at Brookstone!
- HAIR CARE – For hair care that’s natural and amazing, stop by Aveda – their team will get you what you need!
- MASKS – Mother on the go? Sephora has a great selection of 15-minute masks to rejuvenate in a hurry.
6 – Favorites for the Family Room
The Monopoly Master. The Queen of Connect Four. The All-Star of All Card Games. The Winner of Wii. If your mama fuels the fire for family game night, stock up right now. Show her how much you appreciate the quality time with everyone in the same room.
Here’s our top picks for elevating her family room oasis:
- MOVIE TIME – What’s the last movie you saw together? Which trailer has she mentioned looks good? Find the film and don’t skip on the popcorn or candy boxes. It’s going to be a Mother’s Day Movie Night!
- GAMES – Better played than viewed, Brookstone has too many fun games to just feature one. Stop in the store to find your new favorite!
- MORE GAMES – We all know the classics, but there are awesome new board and video games being released all the time. Pick something at Gamestop that everyone can play at once!
- DANCE CLASS – Family nights don’t need to be at home. If you’re feeling brave, try one of the many dance classes (just $10!) now offered at Paseo Nuevo’s newest studio, Yes Dance! Open to all ages!
7 – Fitness Finds
Is your mom the modern Jane Fonda? Fitness gifts are so much fun! Workout routines can get tired – give her gym gear a boost of energy this Mother’s Day with wellness gifts that keep on giving.
- FITNESS GEAR – Lorna Jane AND GapFit just received their spring fitness wear lines (and yoga mats)! Pick mom’s favorite.
- SHOES – Shoes from The Walking Company work hard play hard. Find her size before you arrive!
- WATER BOTTLE – Keep mom hydrated with this beautiful bottle from Francesca’s or this fun one, because, after this, we probably are getting pizza.
- GAINS – Is mom serious about getting stronger? Talk to the team at Better Body Sports.
- FOOD – Healthy options (and wine) found here. Grab a gift card from Nordstrom Cafe!
- TECH – And of course, the FitBit – buy one at Brookstone.
Did you know Paseo Nuevo hosts FREE fitness classes every month? Share our Fitness Friday calendar (or text FITNESS to 41487) to give mom 5 new workout classes to try this year!
8 – Walk-in Dream Closet
If you returned home from your first week at college to find your childhood room converted into a full walk-in closet, shop for mom in this section. We have something for every style. Not sure what size to buy? Go for accessories like a new handbag or a piece of jewelry that will add sparkle to her summer wardrobe. Or, even better, find a store you know mom will love and snag her a gift card! There is no better gift for Mother’s Day than a day spent shopping, dining, and lounging around [center] with her favorite people.
- CLASSY – For the classy lady with a refined style, shop at Nordstrom.
- SUMMER – For brunch-ready summer dresses, shop at Evangelina Boutique – they have a great style team if you’re searching for suggestions!
- LOUNGING – For cozy at-home loungewear, pop into Gap.
- GLAM – For the mama who likes to get glamorous, we recommend Nordstrom or Evangelina.
- SHOES – For the woman literally running the household, good shoes will make all the difference – try the JUST OPENED Skechers on State Street! We also have Foot Locker for sportier looks and Nordstrom has the biggest selection for shoes! Go for the gift card here.
- HANDBAGS – For a gorgeous selection of spring handbags, stop into Brighton Collectibles.
- SUNGLASSES – Mother’s Day is just in time for summer – snag her new shades at Solstice Sunglasses or try them on together during your weekend shopping spree!
- JEWELRY – The jewelry selection at Francesca’s is always on-trend!
- FINE JEWELRY – We love the fine jewelry at 4J Jewelers and Te Amo, both located in North Court. Splurge this Mother’s Day!
Thanks for reading!Coming over to shop? We now have valet Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from the North garage near Nordstrom. Share you Mother’s Day shopping photos by checking in at Paseo Nuevo Santa Barbara or using #PaseoNuevo.
For more, visit our Events Page to see what’s happening at Paseo Nuevo this weekend!